The course is divided into accessible, interactive modules and includes an exam at the end.
- Introduction to HACCP – Introduction to HACCP and key terms, history of HACCP, HACCP and the law.
- Types and Sources of Contamination – microbial, physical, chemical and allergenic contamination and their sources, controlling food borne illness.
- Pre-requisite Programs – introduction to pre-requisite programmes, examples, how to make them effective and assessment procedures.
- Developing HACCP-Based Systems – the 7 principles of HACCP, the commercial benefits of implementing HACCP, how to assemble a HACCP team, hazard analysis.
- Control Measures – introduction to control measures, determining critical control points, decision trees, establishing, setting and achieving critical limits.
- Monitoring, Reviewing and Maintenance – monitoring critical control points, corrective action procedures, benefits of HACCP auditing, HACCP review and maintenance.